Friday, January 15, 2010

Social Awareness Contradition

1) How do you feel about the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty? Do some quick research if you don't know what this is about because it is worth knowing.
In my opinion I believe the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty is doing a fantastic job! The campaign is really pointing out what true beauty is. They are saying, even if your fat, or skinny or anything you think is wrong. You can still be beautiful on the inside! With the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty, they are helping girls with their self-esteem and making them realize that Beauty is in everyone.


2) How do you feel about the Axe Effect Campaign? Does it make you laugh hysterically or roll your eyes in disgust? Tell me why?

This ad of the Axe Effect Campaign made me laugh hysterically. Like, common I'm pretty sure ALL those girls aren't going to be running for you after you spray "axe" on yourself. I know girls that really hate the smell of axe! But, I kind of like the smell, but even though I like it however, it's not like I'm going to be running after guys who spray axe... haha!

3) Do you think that a 'parent' company has some responsibility in ensure that all of their different sectors uphold the same sort of beliefs and values? Tell me why or why not.
I think that a parent company do have some responsibility, in ensuring that all of their different sectors uphold the same sort of beliefs and values. A parent company should guide the other companies to follow in the same attitudes.

3 comments:

  1. Yes i agree. I also laughed out loud when i saw the commericial for axe. If people really think this is real, they need to go out more often. But I don't agree on what you said about how you think it smells good, i think it smells really bad! Yes they do have SOME responsibility because people are going atually take it seriously and purchase it because of the ad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My point exactly. I also think that the parent company does have some responsibility when it comes to two contradicting campaigns that they own. Sending a message about loving your body, and being comfortable in your own skin and then another where it objectifies women by galavanting half naked girls running after one man? Absurd. Either have a great message, or a bad one, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah i think that the Dove for Beauty Campaign is doing a lovely thing by showing women that they are beautiful. Haha, and yeah i'm pretty sure you wouldn't have a pack of girls running after you once you spray on some Axe. It isn't a really great smell either... Also, I think you're right when you say that the parent company should guild the other companies towards the same motive!

    ReplyDelete