Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is Taxing Pop Really A Solution?

In my opinion I think taxing pop isn't really a solution. This eating healthy business really doesn't apply to everybody, well not me. At school they took away the pop, the candy's and the chips. IT was pretty disappointing, see.. I live off the junk food (ok, well not really) but, i love it! But I seriously need to understand that junk food, is really bad, and it will effect me in the long run if i continue to eat junk everyday. Since I'm involved in many sports, junk would really mess that up. With that video, it really disgusted me! I don't know if people would stop drinking pop, but the video was pretty gross. All in All I find junk food alright. Well, I've been eating junk and I seem fine. It's just, you need to know your limits with food like that. You don't want to become a couch potato now dont you?

5 comments:

  1. Yes, exactly. Taxing pop doesn't really solve anything. Besides, not everybody eats junk food excessively right? However, that video was disgusting. And, agreed; it's all about knowing your limits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with this. Everyone could be healthy and avoid obesity simply by being active (like what you do) and choosing a balanced diet. That video really disgusted me too. I guess the scare campaign works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand what you are saying, but this only accounts for people with a higher metabolism, no? People with a higher metabolism can eat junk food almost daily and won't have to worry about gaining a few pounds, so we tend not to exercise as frequently as we should. But the obese people have a much harder time because if they eat the same amount of junk food as the people with higher metabolism they will put on pounds much faster than others. It is a proven fact that no matter how much you exercise, if you do not eat correctly and healthy, you won't get any thinner. So I believe that people should limit themselves to a minimum of 'junk food' or even eliminate it from their diet and exercise frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean! I mean, people who are very active are able to eat what they like! But it isn't always best to eat like that because in the future, junk food can really do something to you. Everyone is different and everyone should know their diet. They should know where they're limit is and know what and what not to eat. Even though it's hard to completely cut junk food out of your life, theres always the higher road, which is limiting it. Eating only 1/3 of that bag of chips can make a difference. Either way, being active and excercising weekly should not be a question. If you find something you like to do that's active, maybe you'll enjoy it and actully stick to a excercising plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, it totally is about knowing your limits! Taxing pop is not the solution, because people don't care about the cost. If a person really wanted pop, the cost would not matter to them at all.

    ReplyDelete